September 18, 2008
not for nothing, Misha, but the last person who looked at me like that - I got laid
WHY HADN’T I SEEN THIS BEFORE???
"Cas has this love of humanity. I don’t think Hannah quite shares that.”
Executive producer Robert Singer, season 10 iTunes sneak peek
One of the reasons this scene was so disturbing, I realized, was the sexual tone of it. The man is using the weapon to delicately, sensually move Sam’s hair and expose his face. It’s a creepy thing done in a way that twists appreciation and intimacy in the most disturbing way. What should be a loving gesture becomes horrific and hateful a dangerous. Usually women are in these scenes - SO OFTEN women and girls are placed in these scenes by our media - and we’re so used women in this situation in media, that is becomes normalized, comfortable, customary, used as sexy. Not as often do we see a helpless man being threatened by another man in a way that has creepy sexual undertones to it. It made the scene really uncomfortable and upsetting, in the way it always should be.
S9 Mockumentary-Fave Bits
never forget that in the middle of the apocalypse dean thought it necessary to point out how cute cas looks when he’s sleeping and sam was like, “dean, the world is ending and cas is not supposed to sleep, pls focus on something other than him being cute”
at least i can go to bed with the canon confirmation that not only does cas sleep more or less naked but he’s quite unabashed about walking around naked post-sleeping which is exactly what we all suspected right? right ok good night
please just imagine this:
- hannah and cas in the continental, sam and dean in the impala, driving towards a hunt. stopping to spend the night at a motel. three rooms: one for sam, one for hannah, one for the dudes in love. except they all crowd into one motel room and flop all over the two double beds and marathon the indiana jones movies and order pizza and hannah sits on the bed with her legs crossed wearing thick fluffy pink socks and she and sam roll their eyes at each other when dean and cas sit side by side on the other bed and sort of melt into each other with like their feet touching
- hannah and sam form a silent form of communication that says, our brothers are real dorks
- hannah develops an affection for bright colors. she falls in love with a pair of red heart-shaped sunglasses and tries to wear them with her fbi outfit
- hannah forms a dangerous addiction to dr. pepper
- hannah and cas get their own rooms in the bunker
- hannah and dean go shopping for outfits together for brother-in-law/sister-in-law bonding time. dean compliments hannah’s classy taste
- hannah is bored by dean and cas’s wedding planning but throws cas a wild bachelor’s party with Parcheesi and twister
because I haven’t been playing with photoshop for ages, because I have a fetish and because sassy, snarky punk!cas (hipster!cas?) with tattoos is so my jam
"Listen, Winchester, you’ve been checking me out for the last two hours and although I’m flattered because - let’s be serious - my ass looks ravishing in these slacks - it’s getting really frustrating. So either you come to terms with your raging bi-curiousity and let me devastate your beautifull ass upstairs.. or go home and keep jerking off to the fantasy of being sodomized by my gorgeous self." Cas winked. "My tongue piercing looks good but feels even better".